Friday, January 11, 2008

Introduction to Tone Loc

For all of you who may not be familiar with Tone Loc, first of all, let me say that I am sorry. Tone Loc was an influential musician back in the early 90's. You may remember his hit single "Wild Thing". As you can tell, this man became basically the black Vanilla Ice, only less popular and cooler. He has an incredible voice that can only be described as deep and throaty. He also became more than just a "one-hit wonder".

After "Wild Thing", Tone, excuse me, I mean Mr. Loc came back with another single called "Funky Cold Medina". It is one of those songs that everyone knows, but nobody knows who sings it. My friends and I often play this little game to amuse ourselves. The most memorable one for me was when my roommate nailed who sang "Show Me Love" (that girly 90's pop song) in approximately 2 notes. It was incredible. I had never seen an acclaimed "straight" man accomplish this feat in such a record time. Needless to say, after being incredibly impressed by his astounding knowledge, I have become nervous as to the possibility that he is gay. Only time will tell.

After his music career faded, Mr. Loc extended his talents into the movie industry where he starred in a film named "Surf Ninjas". "Surf Ninjas" has it's appropriate fan base among boys 18-24 who were into the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle" movies and "3 Ninjas" movies. One of my ex-roommates who lives in Oklahoma, broke down which movie was better "3 Ninjas" or "Surf Ninjas". "Surf Ninjas" was narrowly defeated in a tight battle. I reject this notion and still believe to this day that it is a superior movie. Of course, it goes without mentioning, but Mr. Loc turned in an Oscar-winning performance, but was snubbed by those self-righteous twits.

I hope you have learned a little bit about Mr. Loc and his illustrious work and hope you'll visit back and check in to see how everything is doing!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I love the movie Surf Ninjas! I haven't seen it in so long, though...we need to have a movie night and watch Surf Ninjas to show EVERYONE it!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to second the superiority of Surf ninjas to 3 Ninjas. Any movie with a game gear that can show the future wins hands down.

Anonymous said...

Lol I totally agree.

John Gordon said...

Something that makes me laugh every time is that Johnny is supposed to be turning 16, yet he is the buffest kid I have ever seen. That may be the most outrageous part of the movie, I even accept the futuristic game gear over that kid being 16.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Surf Ninjas for YEARS! Like almost 4 years maybe...that's a total guess though. IT'S BEEN TOO LONG!

Anonymous said...

I don't really know who you are talking about because I've never seen those movies but I can definitely appreciate how much you know about him!

Adam said...

I don't think I have seen either of those movies. I don't know how your friend guessed that song in only two notes also, I am horrible at the guessing game.